Although the incidence of fibromyalgia is an increasingly common health problem, it seriously threatens the health of women, especially between the ages of 25-30.
This ailment, characterized by diffuse musculoskeletal pain; gives its first signals in the form of sleep disturbance, fatigue, weakness, stiffness in the body.
This discomfort, which causes the person to disrupt private life as well as business life, turns into a chronic form over time, causing the person to wake up to a new day with pain.
In this article, which we would like to inform you about fibromyalgia, which is accepted as one of the most common ailments of the age, we want to address all the curiosities and touch on treatment methods.
Here’s what you need to know about this ailment that can be seen in men as well as women;
* What is Fibromyalgia?
* Fibromyalgia Attack
* What are the symptoms of fibromyalgia?
* Who gets Fibromyalgia?
* Fibromyalgia Points
* How Does Fibromyalgia Pass?
* Fibromyalgia Exercises
* Alternative Treatment Methods
* What Fibromyalgia Patients Should Pay Attention to and what can they do about this ailment?
What is fibromyalgia?
This ailment, which is still not fully cleared today, is a disease that is especially common among sensitive and perfectionist people.
Although you sleep for hours, you will feel unrested when you wake up in the morning.
This ailment is soft tissue rheumatism that manifests itself with chronic muscle pain.
Unlike inflammatory rheumatism types, there is no inflammation in the joints and muscles of fibromyalgia patients.
However, patients feel a common muscle-joint pain just like patients suffering from rheumatoid arthritis.
The pain sometimes reaches such a severe dimension that the patient does not know what to listen to, even if pain medications are used.
In this case, the patient may need to apply a topical pain relief needle.
Most diagnosed patients also have irritable bowel syndrome, depression, anxiety, chronic fatigue syndrome, restless leg syndrome, etc. there are at least a few of the health problems associated with common anxiety.
In addition to depression and anxiety patients, people with obsessive-compulsive personality disorder may experience this disorder from time to time.
The severity of pain also increases, especially when the patient feels unhappy,nervous and stressed.
The feeling of tiredness accompanied by aches and pains can even make the person unable to walk or get out of bed.
Although it is possible to reduce pain and pain with some treatment methods, treatment should continue for a lifetime.
This is an effective treatment, the disease can be kept under control.
Other symptoms of fibromyalgia disease accompanied by pain and pain in the muscles can be listed as follows:
* Extreme sensitivity to pain (perception that even a condition that does not normally cause pain is perceived as pain)
* Numbness and tingling in hands and feet
* Feeling tired and restless during the day
* Gastrointestinal complaints such as gas, constipation, diarrhea, reflux, gastritis.
* Migraine-like headaches
* Depression, anxiety, etc. mental health problems
* Being nervous and tense
* Memory and thought disorders
* Concentration disorder, unfocused
* Failure to learn new things, forgetfulness
* Numbness in the body like neurological problems
* Depressed mood
Who gets Fibromyalgia?
- Having had a traffic accident before
- Having surgical operations before
- Advanced age
- Being a woman
- Having business problems
- Having a serious infection before (being infected with some viruses such as hepatitis B, HIV, HCV etc.)
- Being exposed to sexual abuse, physical violence, war, a bad event that deeply affects one’s spiritual world)
If you have an overly sensitive character, your risk of getting chronic pain syndrome increases more and more.
Therefore, doctors not only prescribe pain medications to their patients, but also some anti-depressant drugs that will calm the spiritual world of the person.
Warning About Fibromyalgia
Since it is a genetic-transmitted disease, if you are in your family or first-degree relatives, you are also at a higher risk of developing this disease.
Pain and hypersensitivity to pain caused by this ailment can be spread throughout the body or felt more intensely at certain sensitive points in the patient’s body.
Arms, legs, back, hips, neck and shoulders; are the points where pain is felt more severely.
Patients experience severe pain, even with gentle pressure on these points by hand.
This ailment causes middle-age women to have more painful and painful periods.
How Does Fibromyalgia Pass?
This disease is not a definite treatment, however, pain and pain can be alleviated with some treatment methods.
We can list the methods frequently used in treatment as follows:
Medicines that are prescribed for therapeutic purposes are generally medications intended to relieve pain.
In addition to drugs containing pregabalin, milnacpiran, the person may also need to use antidepressant drugs in the SNRI class in order to make the person feel more stressed and happy mentally.
Muscle relaxants, anti-inflammatory drugs are other drugs that are considered among the drugs of fibromyalgia.
Patient; Since he has an unhappy, depressed mood in general, he feels pain and pain more deeply than people who are mentally healthier.
Therefore, the patient should be taught how to live a stress free, happy and peaceful life with rehabilitation sessions.
Exercise; It is a method that all patients who suffer from this condition should definitely apply.
However, most patients do not look very warm about exercise, as they feel pain and pain during short walks or even climbing stairs.
These patients should start exercising slowly and in a controlled manner. Thus, it can be possible to minimize pain and pain.
Neck, back, shoulders, hand exercises; It is one of the most frequently applied fibromyalgia exercises.
You can fight the pain and pain by repeating the exercises recommended by the physical therapist regularly every day.
At the same time, going for 30-minute walks a day can help you at this point.
Alternative Treatment Methods:
Aerobics, swimming, meditation and yoga and other alternative treatment methods recommended by the experts.
In addition, it has been proven in the direction of scientific studies that spa treatment reduces pain.
However, connective tissue massage, Shiatsu massage, Swedish massage etc. a number of targeted massage techniques also provide a general relief for the patient’s entire body.
What Fibromyalgia Patients Should Pay Attention to and What They Have To Over This Ailment:
- Avoid smoking, alcohol and caffeine consumption.
- Take a warm shower to relax before going to bed every night.
- Drink plenty of water during the day.
- Try not to live a stressful life. You can start yoga or meditation to keep your stress under control.
- Try to be active during the day.
- Exercise regularly. Especially start the day with relaxation exercises.
- Do not leave yourself hungry or tired.
- Do not stay at the computer for a long time. Take frequent breaks. Move on breaks.
- Give yourself enough time. Do not neglect to rest.
- Try to sleep and wake up at the same time.
- If you work at desk jobs, be sure to take the correct posture.
- Do not sleep even if you feel tired during the day.
As a fibromyalgia patient with severe arm, shoulder and neck pain, as she has to use her hands and arms constantly. In this article, we tried to answer all your questions about the subject.
We hope that my writing will be a guide and you will find healing as soon as possible.
You can reach our main page by clicking here and look at our other articles.
Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comment section below.